Monday, March 30, 2015

Netflix lifestyle

      Netflix addicts are everywhere! It is like an epidemic! Growing up in the 90's I remember seeing Block Busters everywhere, for years a sad "Block Buster" sign hangs above an empty store. Now I love watching movies, in fact my whole families does! Every holiday we go to a movie whether Thanksgiving or Christmas.... or anytime we get together when we have been away. Being a college student, I love knowing when I visit home I'll probably being going to a movie at the movie theater and feasting on popcorn. I know right now I am just being nostalgic but there is a reason for this rambling!  After I realized my college schedule and budget couldn't sustain the movie theatre lifestyle,  I realized it was time for a lifestyle change. Wow! That sounds dramatic. Well in hindsight maybe it was not as a big of a deal as I made it out to be. Bottom line, I was going to welcome this addicting movie epidemic, netflix, in my life.

   It has been about probably half a year of this and I'll have to say, getting netflix was not a bad decision but it didn't replace the thrill of going to the movie theatre. Yes it was cheaper and yes it is more accessible with a busy schedule, but I have to pop my own popcorn, watch it on my smaller TV and all the movies or shows are old so lots of things could be spoiled to me before I watch it.This being said I have been able to watch a lot of movies that are classical that I have never seen before, like Sleepless in Seattle with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. The hopeless romantic loved it! I have watched a lot of WALKING DEAD too which I LOVE..... but I am behind! So I want to make my netflix even better so I have devised a plan that my innner movie critic loves! I have posted on my facebook asking my friends to reccommend movies that I have not seen that are on netflix. If you happen to read this blog, I would love reccomendations from you as well! The rest of my blog posts will be reviews on this netflix movies. I am excited to hear back from my friends with different types of movies from different genres! I think I am most excited horror..... since those can get pretty creative! Hopefully this will help me embrace the netflix experience... popcorn will always be a most though!





















1 comment:

  1. It's certainly better to be addicted to movies than drugs.

    ReplyDelete