Sunday, April 5, 2015

ABCs Death of 2

       I want to start this review that I don't recommend the first ABCs of Death, to anyone! It is a interesting movie, and great horror movie concept, but once you get to the letter L.... you might want throw up! Let me explain the concept of the movie first. So the idea is a single horror director is assigned a letter and needs to create a movie that centers around a word that starts with that letter. For example, letter A in the first movie stood for Apocalypse  or  like F stood for Fart ( yeah that was weird). And L STANDS FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH. I can not stress that enough.  Having watched L and all 25 other letters in the first ABCs of Death, I was weary of watching the second one.

      I found the second one to very interesting though. None that even came close to the disgusting-ness of the the first letter L. The clips seemed to be a lot shorter in this movie which I think was to its benefit. I will share two of my favorite letters in this movie, but hope that won't stop you from watching it! In fact, guessing what the letter stands for  while you watch the short film ( the word is revealed after the short film) is half of the fun of watching the movie! The only challenge is that some of the words that were used, were words that we didn't know. So before watching this movie   brushing up  in dictionary and the alphabet is recommended. For the purpose of the keeping that thrill for you future viewers, I will not tell you what letter corresponded to my favorite short films.

     I always look for one that is not scary, but funny and a psychological thriller, of which I found two that I really liked. The first one was of two men stranded on an island. A woman washed on the beach and you instantly think.... they are going to kill each other over her. Sure enough the two start fighting as the one the girl likes is holding a coconut ready to kill his friend, but instead throws and kills the girl. Flash forward to the next morning there is a grave and " Need Beer" written on the beach with stones. I LOVE IT! A big plot twist and something definitely unexpected in a group of horror films. I'll just give you a taste of what my other favorite is on.... and let your imagination take it away. Cured zombies bringing the survivors to justice. Never even thought of something like that! It definitely was a great watch and I would highly recommend this one over the first one!

1 comment:

  1. The only thing scarier than Nazis are grammar Nazis. It's a shame this movie didn't capitalize on that.

    ReplyDelete