Sunday, April 5, 2015

VHS viral

    Okay so modern society has left the VHS life a long time ago. I mean  we have netflix now, why would we need a VHS! Well the idea behind the VHS movies is short horror films on separate VHS tapes ( the fact  that they are still used is scary enough!) which are found and played by some normally mischievous people whom broke into someone's house. I mean what great robbers or investigators don't sit down and watch the people's home videos?! Okay besides that point the films do a great job of telling different stories. The major flaw in the first two is that.... a form of skype and head cam are recorded on a VHS. Now I'm not tech savy but I don't think that is possible!

     Okay, okay... I know I have just been ranting about how somethings don't make logical sense, but I guess it is a horror movie and they don't have to make sense. All in all, I really like the first two VHS movies, so I was excited to see this VHS viral which sounded like it would follow more logic. And I was right! This time it was filmed on phones and other modern technology, without the use of a VHS. I think the idea is that at the very end of the movie, all the clips are uploaded to the internet...a little confusing but it worked!  Let me say, I said the movie was more logical not less weird. I won't tell you when this happens but I will warn you there are demon penises. Demon penises in a parallel universe.Yup, demon penises. What a breakthrough in film! Good thing it is only in one of the films. The first  short film involves a scary magician with a real magic cloak. Like fire and disappearing out of thin air, kind of magic Who doesn't like some good old evil magic? I enjoyed that one probably the most. Another short film included Satan worshipers in Mexico being beat up by a bunch of high school skateboarding wannabes. All great... original ideas and I think the films are shorter then the ones in the first two movies which I liked. Overall, I think that the VHS trilogy should end now but I will have to say that all three movies made pretty interesting horror films. I recommend it as easy going movie to watch some friends that like horror movies, but not terrifying movies.

1 comment: