Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bronson

     When I decided to take up this netflix experience challenge, I knew my main recommendor would be my movie obsessed brother. His challenge was trying to find movies that we hadn't seen together and was on netflix. He did succeed with finding several movies that I haven't seen AND I was fortunate enough to watch it with him! The family tradition lives on through netflix!

     The movie we watched and he recommended was Bronson,  a British film about British most famous prisoner Charlie Bronson. Boy, did the movie keep me capitive-ated! What interested me the most in this film is how the movie was structured. I at first was a little disappointed that the movie was not a play by play action movie. It was more of Charlie Bronson telling the story of his life and showing some scenes from it. My actor of a brother explained it to me about a one  fourth of the way into the movie that it is more like a one man play. Having that perspective, the movie gave nothing to disappoint.

     Charlie Bronson is played by Tom Hardy, the actor of Bane and a part in Inception. Watching this movie, where Hardy is bald with only a mustache but often shows off his huge muscles, I saw a lot of the character Bane in this film. Perhaps Hardy used part of his part as Bronson to prepare for Bane, but I much prefer Bronson over Bane although I wouldn't place any bets on a winner of  a fight. Bronson love to fight and surprisingly he likes to do it nude. Perhaps that is somewhat of a warning that if you watch this movie, you will see Tom Hardy's penis. Although I am reassured that after you watch the movie several times, it doesn't phase you as much.

     What I think made this movie unique is that it didn't really answer any questions. Why does Bronson feel the need to beat people every time. Well you know he likes the idea of fame and being known, but is it through fighting and being in prison? Well I don't think anyone knows that but Bronson so no one else could answer it, not even a movie about him. The movie ends with this statement appearing on screen: Charlie Bronson is Britain's most famous prisoner having spent 34 years in prison with 30 of those years in solitary confinement, his release date has still not been determined. SO naturally I hit the YouTube and there many interviews..... on Tom Hardy talking about how he met and talked to Charles Bronson. I would definitely recommend this movie to everybody and hope they appreciate the uniqueness of this great movie.

1 comment:

  1. I love your use of puns. This movie sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete